1. Went to school open houses last week.
2. DS4=easy. One child. One school.
3. High school. Not so easy. 3 kids. Two parents. We covered their schedules as best we could.
4. Most memorable thing learned at the open house? Wasp spray makes a suitable replacement for pepper spray. (Learned that one from DS3's health teacher.)
5. It's beginning to feel a lot like fall here. Which I like.
6. There are many, many things I like about fall. Just a couple that I don't. What don't I like? Fundraisers. (The thought of boy scout popcorn still makes me shudder.) However, I must say that since the guys have gotten older; the fundraisers are fewer and far between. (Can we all say hooray?!). And when there are fundraisers, most of them are restaurant based. Basically, you go eat out and the restaurant gives a percentage to the club/school/organization. Raising funds by not cooking is an idea I can enthusiastically support.
7. Lately, there is a new downside to fall. It has to do with Pinterest. I'm a big fan of Pinterest. Not a big fan of the gross/creepy Halloween stuff some people pin. (I'm all for the cute Halloween items or the Halloween/fall desserts that are dripping with caramel sauce.) So I've been unpinning a few boards. Less nightmares that way.
8. Much like my friend, Steph, I'm also unpinning the Elf on a Shelf boards.Why? a) My kids are too old for it. b) It's way too ambitious for me even if they were younger. The Elf scatters TP all around the house? You know who's cleaning that up, right? c) Elfie boy creeps me out a bit.
9. I'm not a big doll fan in the first place, but Elf on the Shelf? If Chuckie and Tinkerbell had a baby, I'm thinking it would look a lot like Elf.
5 miler, In a Pickle, and Back to School