1. Kids went back to school at the end of last week.
3. This year, I have three (3!) in high school and DS4 is at the junior high.
4. DS3 is in Spanish 1 this year and was able to pick his own Spanish name. His choice? Nacho, of course. Apparently, it's short for Ignatio.
5. Speaking of DS3, he's had an interesting week at cross country. He hurt his foot last Tuesday. Took a day off running and then had some modified workouts. Unfortunately, he missed his first meet this past Saturday. However, he did run in a JV meet yesterday and came in seventh place!
6. Thursday at practice, he also picked up some sticks. (Why? Who can say? I guess in his mind modified workouts=picking up sticks) Unfortunately, with the stick, he also picked up a bee/wasp/some sort of stinging flying insect. So, he started his second day of school with a sting on his right hand. (Lucky for him, he doesn't react to the stings too badly.)
7. In the good news column this week, took DS4 to the dentist. No cavities. Even better news? When we went to get an ortho evaluation earlier this month, the dr. said he may not need braces. Hooray! We're going back in a year to re-evaluate but I'm feeling hopeful. (Even if it's worst case scenario, he definitely won't need as much work as his brothers.)
8. Have to share my MacGyver moment of the week. I was driving around on Monday running some errands. I was maybe a mile from my house when I heard this awful scrapping sound from the van. I pull over to see something hanging from the front. Call my dh. (Because he knows car stuff and I don't.) He's considering calling a tow trunk because "something hanging from the front" sounds bad. I put him on hold and examine it more closely. Turns out it was a plastic bumper. It was originally held in place by metal but most of it had broken away.
9. This is where my MacGyver skills came in. I figured out that the piece was only being held together by about an inch strip of metal. So, I took the scissors from our first aid kit and cut the bumper free. Tossed the thing in the back and I was on my merry way. No tow truck needed.
10. I guess eventually we should do something with the bumper. Like reattach it. Or maybe I should hang it up on the wall as a testament to my ingenuity......ok, maybe not.
PS: This week's layout. True fact: I've been to the grocery store 3x in the past 3 days.