1. My dh had the week off last week and guess what he worked on?
2. Yes. That would be the kitchen. And....(drum roll inserted)...I now have counters, cabinets, a countertop and (my favorite part) the dishwasher is hooked back up again. Hooray!
3. The dishwasher was hooked up on Saturday and it has definitely been put to the test since then.
4. The kids went back to school yesterday after winter break. It was nice to have them home but good to get back to routine.
5. Dh had an extra day off yesterday, so we went out to lunch at a fairly new restaurant called Paddy Jack's. They sell gourmet grilled cheese. Mine was pulled pork with mac and cheese. Yep. Mac and cheese in my grilled cheese sandwich. Can't say that it will become my must-have sandwich but it was definitely not boring.
6. Good thing I didn't make any pesky resolutions about calorie counting, because I would have totally blown it in one meal.
7. Sunday was a good day for tv watching with a new episode of Once Upon a Time and the return of the third season of Downton Abbey.
8. Most of us watched Once Upon a Time when it came on television. (Which is kind of strange because we rarely watch shows when they come on anymore.) My dh and I are the only ones who watch Downton Abbey and we decided to save it. We still haven't watched. (I told him I'm only waiting a week and then I'm watching it without him.)
9. Been keeping an eye on the new CHA releases and I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised at the number of lines with a masculine feel to them. Totally love that. I don't know if it's just the company that I keep but I tend to gravitate toward manly colors.
10. Made....Well, I guess my last layout was posted on Monday Dec. 31, so I don't have anything new to share. It's good I didn't make any scrapbook related resolutions either.