1. Happy New Year!
2. Spent part of NYE at our church playing board games but we cut out around 10 and rang in the NYE at home. Bringing in the New Year with friends and family works for me.
3. Played this game.
4. I don't really do NY resolutions. I know as soon as I say "I want to lose xx pounds" then my brain will only be able to focus on the Hershey kisses I bought last week.
5. But then again my contrary brain also registers the thought "no NY resolutions" and it starts churning out lists. So far this morning I have a list of 12 classic/recommended books to read this year. (I went to one of those "books to read before you die" lists and just picked twelve that appealed to me in one way another.) First up is The Tempest by Shakespeare. It's one of those "did I read this or only think I did?"
6. On another not-really-resolution list: Backing up photos. (They automatically are backed up to an EHD, but we usually do CDs in a fireproof box as well and we're behind.) Feel free to call me paranoid, but if anything happens; I'll be paranoid with photos.
7. Christmas came and went since my last post. Another low key celebration. (We did end up putting a tree up after all--on the 23rd.)
9. Happy to join the Card Annex team!
10. Made a few layouts since last posting. First up is A Little Frosty. Then, there's A Working Holiday (It's a LW template so most of the work was done for me.) and Aspiring to New Heights.