Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Ten on Tuesday

1. The boys are tearing my house apart.
2. Okay, it's actually one boy. Doing some long needed cabinet/sink replacement. I don't know why it's taken us so long to do it.

3. Perhaps we were just waiting for our work crew to mature. He's seriously done 85% of the demo so far by himself. If he knew more about plumbing and electric he'd probably have it all done. But his parents are slowing him down.

4. (One parent may in particular may be lamenting the fact that complete demo means no dishwasher. No dishwasher for an unforeseen amount of time.) Because demo is always quicker than the repair work.

5. Since I last posted, July 4th has come and went. This time was the first time in a long time that we didn't go to the fireworks. I'm probably the biggest fireworks fanatic in the house. This year? It was just too hot. We opted to stay in and enjoy the air conditioning.


6. The next day, mother nature set off its own display. A storm rolled through our area, knocking out power to almost 60,000 people. Ours was out for only about 12 hours. We were one of the lucky ones. Did a page about it.
 7. Bought my first school supplies yesterday. It's not that I'm anxious to send them back yet. In my mind, it's easier if I just buy a little at a time when I'm at the store anyway.

8. In reality, every year I end up going store to store last-minute looking in vain for one obscure supply. Last year, it was green ink pens.

9. Here's a few more layouts since last post: Field Day.

  10. Air and Space Museum

1 comment:

Lisa Dorsey said...

So great to see a post from you! Have missed reading your blog. Great layouts, love that orange one!