Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. Storms rolled through our area early Sunday evening. Dh and I heard a noise outside. When I looked out at the woods across the street, a few of the trees were being pulled up as if they were weeds.

2. Needless to say, we all hightailed it down to the basement. Technically, it wasn't a tornado but there were tornadoes confirmed up in Southeastern Michigan.

3. We didn't receive any damage at all, but two of our neighbors did.

4. In other non-storm news, we (like so many other families not on summer break yet) are wading through the end of the year activities/projects/ etc. (One day at a time. One day at a time.)

5. I think my brain, however, has already decided to go on summer break. I'm becoming so forgetful.

6. The other day, for instance...wait a minute...what was I talking about?

7. Here's one example. Completely forgot about DS4's books that he'd checked out for his science fair project. Ended up with an $8 fine.

8. Knew I wasn't going to get out of that science fair completely unscathed.

9. Must becoming forgetful because I'm been focusing all my brain energy toward beating my sister at Scrabble on facebook. (Yeah. That's it.)

10. Latest layout:

Credits here.

A little bonus rambling. Closing down some windows on my computer and came across some captions that DS4 is doing for his Ohio Scrapbook project.

1. The pro football hall of fame is in Ohio and it has nothing to do with Ohio except that it is in Ohio.

2. Wendy’s is a business that started in Ohio. I’m sure you heard of it.

It could be the lack of sleep talking, but these two cracked me up.

No comments: